Saturday, January 9, 2016

Building a Stained Glass Window

Before I started Seazening with Glass, I wrote about building a stained glass window from start to finish on my other blog, Seazening. 

Well, I started the window and then set it aside to complete a stained glass lamp shade, many fused glass birds, and attending glass classes...... not to mention that Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's all happened, too.

I am returning to my window today and I am so excited! 

Here is the first post:


I have decided to challenge myself and make matching stained glass windows for the side lights (windows) on either side of my front door.

I want to share the process with you.

First, I measured the space the windows would cover  (5 3/8" x 62 7/8").  Then I measured and drew out of border.  Then I designed the window.  I ended up doing this process 3 times until I got the design I wanted.

After that, I colored the design the way I wanted the window to look.
That completes the work for day 1.


And here is where I am today.......



No comments:

Post a Comment